January 1, 2012

The Family and Descendents of Jonathan Newman


I am starting out the New Year 2012 with a wonderful addition to my family Genealogy collection. I was able to purchase this book today after trying for so long to own a copy. I checked out a copy twice from the Mississippi College library last year and spent many hours reading and studying it. After seeing my grandfather, John Valery Harrigill, and my GGG grandmother and many, many other family photos and the Newman family line; I had to own a copy to pass on to my granddaughter one day. What a great way to start my 2012 research...

The Family
and Descendents 
of 
Jonathan Newman
An American Patriot from Lynches River, South Carolina
By W. Leroy Moffett, published by Spoon River Press, Bushnell, Ill., 1994.  Signed on title page by author.  There are also some handwritten papers laid inside the book.  This 706 page hardback book is bound in green cloth with gilt titling and decor and is in very good condition.  Genealogy includes a lot of other families, including Aldridge, Applewhite, Armstrong, Baldwin, Baum, Berkley, Bronaugh, Buckles, Burke, Calcote, Cameron, Carney, Cole, Colley, Collier, Darsey, Dickey, Doughy, Cassedy, Ducker, Dunn, Fields, Ford, French, Graham, Graves, Gillies, Guedon, Harper, Halford, Harrigill, Hawkes, havard Herring, Higdon, Kimball, Knapp, Knox, Lee, LeGette, Lehmann, Lovett, Lourey, Meteer, Mock Morgan, McCall, McCormick, McClure, McDaniel, McDay, McLaurin, McMillan, McNeal, McPherson, Neal, Newman, Osborne, Proby, Purifoy, Roach, Rowan, Russum, Scott, Sessions, Shaw, Shell, Shurtleff, Smith, Snapp, Stackhouse, Stampley, Torrance, Wactor, Wallace, Warren, Wentworth, Williams, Weathersby, Wilson, Withers, Witherspoon, Wren, Yawn, Young, and Zimmerman.  
note* W. Leroy Moffett was my 1st cousin 2x removed

5 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful treasure, congrats!!! I'm sure your granddaughter will appreciate your thoughtfulness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you! What a terrific find! That will be so special to pass down to your granddaughter some day when she has children of her own to share it with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see the book. I bet it will answer a lot of questions about the Newmans vs the Harrigills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the comment and for being my 100th Follower! I am following your blog now and am interested to read more about your Branches!

    Janice Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful find, Betty! Congratulations. I hope you finds lots of treasures and answers! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

All Spam, slander, or harassment will be reported.