August 9, 2011

Lydia Ann Newman, Harrigill

Lydia Ann Newman was born Sept. 12, 1881 and died Sept 02, 1957, the daughter of
Benjamin Solomon Newman b. Aug 26, 1841  d. Aug 12, 1903 and
Sarah Jane Knox b. Oct 13, 1848  d. Aug 27, 1896
She married William Monroe Harrigill on Oct 16, 1897. He was b. Nov 17, 1870  d. Mar 24, 1919

They had
William Truley Harrigill  b. Oct 10, 1898  d. Apr 02, 1976  who married  on Oct 22, 1921
             to Ola Smith b. Jul 24, 1902  d. Jul 08, 1944
             He then married Elizabeth Smith on ?,?,?
Alice Ann Harrigill  b. Jul 20, 1900  d.May 01, 1981 who married on Jan 28, 1921
             to Anthony Peter Pagano Jr. b. Bet. 1875–1902  d. Bet. 1926–1989
Harry Monroe Harrigill  b. Aug 26, 1902  d. Sept. 09, 1953 who married on ?,?,?
             to Geraldine ?
Sally Herring Harrigill  b. Aug 27, 1906  d. Dec 12, 1930 who married on ?,?,?
             to Clyde S. Logan  b. Bet. 1889–1908  d. Bet. 1923–1995
Juliet Lydia Harrigill  b. Jul 11, 1908  d.Jan 25, 2001 who married  on  Feb 12, 1926
             to Perry Duggins Campbell Jr.  b.Jun 14, 1905  d. May 10, 1978
 Dolly Harrigill  b. Sept. 15, 1914  d. Jul 19, 2000 who married on Jun 04, 1934
             to Orel Roy Powell  b. Nov. 5, 1909  d. Oct. 4, 1970
             Dolly then married Marvin B. Darsey b. Jan. 20, 1928 D.?,?,?
Lydia then married  on Sept. 10, 1923 to Charles Milo Henry  b. Jan 02, 1865  d.  Sept. 12, 1933


are buried in the Natchez City Cemetery at Natchez, MS. 
Lydia and William are Betty's Great Grand Aunt and Uncle

4 comments:

  1. Wow...this is a nice blog you've set up and quite a lot of detail about family....very interesting...I've got the information of our family, but didn't think about making a blog about it so everybody in the family can see it....food for thought....thanks.....Mel's Designs from the Cabin....how do you like my new blog name?? Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi My name is Anthony.,I just want to say thank You.,I am the Grandson of Anthony Pagano Sr and Alice Ann Harrigill Pagano and the Son of Anthony Pagano Jr....

    it is sweet to see the family History of My Grandmother.,I was actually looking for any information on My Grandfathers family when I found this site..
    it is also good to have a name with the picture ofLydia Ann Newman, Harrigill as well.,My Grandmother had a picture of Her in the Family album She had but alas it did not have Her name on the back of the photo.,I now have that photo along with all the other photos My Grandmother had.,
    after the death of My Father and Mother I inherited the album since none of My Sisters knew who anyone was in the album....




    again Thank You =}
    I will be sharing the news with My Sisters
    Your truly:
    Anthony Pagano III

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anthony, i hope you will check back often and will click on the follow button and folliw mw and the family genealogy. Are you on ancestry?
      Please email me.
      Betty

      Delete
  3. Hello, my name is Sheila Gerald. Quite some time ago and in searching for information on the Newman family, I came across your blog, The Branches On Our Tree. Attached you will find my connection to the Harrigill/Newman family. If you need or want any further information, such as my childrens' names and/or my siblings' childrens' names, please email me or contact and I will be happy to provide that, plus photos of my grandmother, Alice Ann Harrigill Pagano and grandfather, Anthony Peter Pagano. Thank you for all of the hard work you do. I have found the information very interesting.
    I am a descendent of the Harrigill's and Newman's. My grandmother was Alice Ann Harrigill Pagano and my grandfather, Anthony Peter Pagano Sr. In searching for the additional copies of the book that was written on the Newmans, I came across The Branches on Our Tree and have found it very interesting. My father's name was Anthony Peter Pagano, Jr. He and my mother, Dorothy Lorene Work Pagano, married and had 6 children: Antoinette Pagano Elliott, Pamella Jeannie Pagano Watson, Catherine Elaine Pagano Bascom, Me: Sheila Ann Pagano Gerald, Anthony Peter Pagano III and Dorothy Lorene Pagano Reimer. I am writing to include our branches. If you would like the names of our children or any other information regarding our family, I would be happy to provide them. I have not seen too many posts lately, but I am sure it is a never-ending task to compile this much information - especially as more descendents keep adding their names. Again, if I can provide further information, I would be glad to do so.

    Sincerely,

    ReplyDelete

All Spam, slander, or harassment will be reported.